Thursday, August 31, 2006

Cheers! - oba


A toast to new friends and to everyone that was not able to hop aboard the epicurean train today....What a day this was. J & I Started with crab rangoon, lettuce wraps, singapore curry noodles, chile shrimp, chicken & brocolli, mu-shu wraps, sweet & sour chicken at PF-Changs for lunch with the gals at POVA (What a treat...thank you so much) and then off to Sauce Box after a productive day at work where we (D, J, B, C, and myself) enjoyed peach coolers, pomegranite mojitos, red wine, fruity cosmopolitans to go with our delectable selection of sushi, eggrolls, and endamame (a good source of vitamin and protein). My day of feasting on asian fusion cuisine along with great drinks and conversation, (all very stimulating i must add), extended to Oba over in the Pearl. C had some crazy cosmopolitan that had serrano chiles in it which packed quite a punch on the scoville scale...i'm thinking around 500,000 units. I wouldn't recommend this drink for anyone with a weak stomach! So the question of the day is: what is your new favorite drink?
Oh by the ways, we missed S & N, wish you two were with us! S-Can't wait to see your new stylish haircut in the AM, and N-hope you had a blast at your concert

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed the fab conversation and the great food. Stuck in traffic for
TOO LONG makes s a cranky girl. Because you asked...my current favorite drink
is the Mojito. Not new to most, but new to me, I love the freshness of the mint
juxtaposed with the zing of the lime. Ahhh, heaven! -s