Friday, September 01, 2006

High in the sky-beijing


Looking forward to a wonderful holiday weekend. A great way to start out was today when i found out that c. formally accepted an offer at hdj engineering, planning, & architecture firm. One of the partners already invited him to go golfing with the rest of the office on the 14th! Then the next great news was that our realtor in Florida called and told us that someone was seriously interested in buying our house and made an offer! Sometimes i think the big guy above is watching out over us! So thank you!!!! I do however miss my house, it was our first home together, and i have great memories of each room, especially the one year we had a big halloween costume party, and also a very nice intimate New Year's Eve Dinner with close friends. I even remember making an extravagant feast and creating a festive menu for those friends. A lot of my creations come from ideas from either Gourmet magazine or Bon Apetit, a favorite of mine. Right now being in a small apartment with a tiny kitchen has not inspired me to cook, but when c. & i find the next "perfect" home, i think i will go back to doing what i like to do...entertaining friends and sharing some good wine, food, and laughter. In the meantime, i hope all my friends and family have a wonderful and relaxing labor day weekend. I'm so glad that n. is happy and looking forward to her mom's visit, that s. has a beautiful new do and that she enjoys her day boating with a few of the gang from the office, and that j. has a really fun time with momma kat and her best friend b., and as for me...i'm going to enjoy seeing my aunt, uncle, and cousins this weekend.

No comments: